From splash screen to full screen

Started by
3 comments, last by theunicorn 18 years, 1 month ago
First of all I use DirectX 9 SDK (February 2006) release. Now I have come to the end of my production and during the development I have run DirectX in windowed mode to enable easy debugging. I had however already written the necessary code to be able to easily go to full screen. During the development however we decided to implement an splash screen that would allow us to load all the recourses before showing the main window. The splash screen was implemented as another window with a simple bitmap shown on it. For the resources to load using the dx-functions I need a d3d-device. I had before created it with a hidden window but now when going to full screen the program, at least this is what I think it does, tries to start up a full screen on window not shown. No errors are given (that I have been able to pick up at least) and the program continues to run but now only making my splash screen white. The only possible solutions that I can think of is to start it in windowed mode and then after the window is shown go over to fulcrum but I don't want to see another window flash before going to full screen. I was also wondering if I should use the splash screen-hwnd, resize it and then use it or if it is possible to use it right away. I would appreciate any feedback before using up time in our last week of production that perhaps could be used for other things. Thanks in advance. PS: Sorry about my English.
Advertisement
Why don't you try to use the same window for the splash screen and fullscreen mode?

Just create the window, show the splash. Then switch resolution and resize/reconfigure/clear the window.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Thanks for the responce.

What I was wondering if using the same window should I do the following:

1: Creat 1 window and set it the same resolution as the splash screen.
2: Initziate the d3d-device using in windowed mode.
3: Load resources.
4: Change resolution of the created window to match the resoulution of the screen.
5: Go to full screen.
I do not program in D3D anymore so I can't tell for sure, but I don't think that should be much of a problem.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Okay, thanks.

I will give it a try.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement