Sign in to follow this  
Myth000

Controlling relays with C/C++

Hello, I want to controll relays with C/C++. I'm new to this hardware IO scene of programming, and don't really know how-to. If anyone could explain me, thanks. Thank you, - Myth

Quote:
Original post by Dave
How is the PC connected to the device. You need to give alot more information before anyone can begin to help.

Dave

Not connected at all, I need to know what the best possibility is to connect it at all...

Quote:
Original post by Myth000
Quote:
Original post by Dave
How is the PC connected to the device. You need to give alot more information before anyone can begin to help.

Dave

Not connected at all, I need to know what the best possibility is to connect it at all...

Probably using a COM port or an LPT port. Creating a PCI board just to do that will be rather complex :)

(edit: too slow)

Regards,

Well the boards we have been using at uni have been custom built. Anything commercially produced is usually overkill for such a simple task.

Dave

Maybe you should give us more information on what you are trying to do. Being completely ambiguous with us means we cannot help you.

If you plan to use the LPT or the COM port, you won't need a board - most of the time, your PC alrady have a LPT (Centronic) connector and a COM (RS232) connector.

Regards,