Sign in to follow this  

Additive composition & D3DXVec3Project()

This topic is 4302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I've just added some lens flares to my game, but Ihave 2 problems: 1. The effects seem to be rendered as multiplied with framebuffer and I would like it to add. How do I do it? 2. I use D3DXVec3Project() to get flare location in screen-space. But the location is projected in both directions, so I have two flares oposing each other. What do I have to do to project from one direction only? Thanks Bartiss

Have you got a screenshot?

I believe this simply boils down to you setting a different texture for the one that you don't want to be visible, typically one that is completely transparent.

Dave

Quote:
Original post by bartiss
1. The effects seem to be rendered as multiplied with framebuffer and I would like it to add. How do I do it?
Your D3DRS_SRCBLEND and D3DRS_DESTBLEND render states control this part. Changing them both to D3DBLEND_ONE should give you additive blending. Check out the various D3DBLEND enumerations - try them and see which one you like [smile]

hth
Jack

Which part of question did you answer? (1 or 2)

I don't have any screenshots here (at work :) ) Taking a screenshot of two opposing sunflares would be quite a challenge ;)

But I don't know if you got me right. I am not changing textures (and I don't want to)

I want an additive render and I am not using any shaders (yes, I know, I'll learn to use them next week ;-) ) so I need some old-fashioned SetRenderState() :)

This topic is 4302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.