Creating Textures ?

Started by
7 comments, last by mojtaba_e 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi friends, I want to create some Textures and use it for my games. If you khow any program that can create Textures for games please let me. I don't like to use some huge programs like Photoshop,... Thanks, --Mojtaba--
--Mojtaba--
Advertisement
For image editing, GIMP seems to be the best free option.

Google for tutorials on making textures, you'll get hunreds.

Alternatively, you'll save yourself a lot of time if you use free textures.
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
I recommend "Resynthesizer" plugin for Gimp.

It does things that not a lot else can do - maybe there are some commercial apps which know how to do this, but I don't have any.

Well set up digital photographs can help. Try to light the subject evenly and have the camera exactly perpendicular.

Mark
well since my first attempt at a business failed (selling really good textures i have made) i am thinkming of just releasing them for free. if anyone knows of a free hosting place where i could host them please tell (don't get too excited, i still have to run it by my business partner to see if this is fine).

[Edited by - Jarrod1937 on March 7, 2006 1:18:09 PM]
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Texture Maker
Quote:Original post by Kambiz
Texture Maker

texture maker is one of the worst programs i've ever used. i first started out making textures with that program and and then moved to photoshop and was amazed...
i think gimp is better than texture maker, aviod at all cost.

Thanks friends,
The GIMP program is very good,do you know any program like this and 'Texture Maker' ?
I want a program that process border of textures and adjust the edge of texture.

[caution]Tip :
The Export-Games is down.

--Mojtaba--
--Mojtaba--
Quote:Original post by mojtaba_e
Thanks friends,
The GIMP program is very good,do you know any program like this and 'Texture Maker' ?
I want a program that process border of textures and adjust the edge of texture.

[caution]Tip :
The Export-Games is down.

--Mojtaba--

well texture maker will do that for you but since it doesn't have an artist's touch everything it produces looks repetitive (even before tileing). i believe gimp has a plugin for seamless tiles, however if gimp (never messed with it too much since i has photoshop) if it has an offset filter you can basically say offset to the right 20 then patch up the seams then offset it back to the left 20 (to put it back) then offset it left one more time 20 then fix the seams... then do the same for all sides and it will be seamless. remove any object/part from the texture that may be brighter than other sections or may stand out. and the you'll have a good texture, there is still more to it but this will get what you want done.
Thanks Jarrod,
Your site is very nice [smile].
--Mojtaba--

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement