d3d9_27.dll

Started by
2 comments, last by nitramssirc 18 years, 1 month ago
I am able to compile and run my DirectX 9 program just fine on my computer, but when I run this same program on another computer that is running the DirectX 9 runtime, I get this error: 'This application has failed to start because d3d9_27.dll was not found.' Is there a diffrent runtime for each new version of the SDK, because I am writing the program with DirectX 9 (October 2005) and I am trying to run it on a computer that also has the DirectX 9SDK but it is from December 2004 and I have not updated the runtime since then. If this is the case, is there a way I can structure my program to run on both versions, or would it be easier just to make sure that anyone that downloads my app has the latest version of the runtime?
Advertisement
Try this:
toymaker

---------------------------------darkzim

Thanks,

That's the kind of info I needed.
I want to create an installer that will install my app on a computer as well as install the DirectX dll files required to run the program. I've never created an installer before so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the best way to create an installer and install the dll files.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement