Sign in to follow this  
smart_idiot

Serialization made easy.

I'm trying to create a nice happly little extension to the library I'm writing for dealing with the horrible horrible world that is serializing polymorphic objects. Here's my current attempt: rtti.tbz2
Well, I thought it was kind of cool. Anyway; would someone with a big-endian machine or someone with a 64-bit machine consider compiling it and seeing if it can load the file created by my 32-bit little-endian machine? If not, perhaps someone knows of an emulator I could use? [Edited by - smart_idiot on March 7, 2006 5:32:20 PM]

Well, just to point out: it doesn't compile in VS2005 without including <algorithm> (std::find is declared there). In addition, it gives loads of warnings (41) about various type conversions.

However, it does seem to work fine on my AMD64 machine:

numbar1: 4.2 numbar2: 13.373
"OMFGWTFLOLBBQ" = "Your diety or local meat shop owner might smack you if you say this."
"true" = "false"
I am a 'Derived Join' object; My inherited data is 99 and "Bottles of Beer".
I am a 'Derived Left' object, I have the number 42.
I am a 'Derived Right' object, I have the string "Hello World!"
I am a 'Dummy' object.
I am a 'Base' object.
I am a 'Derived Right' object, I have the string "The next object is null!"
(null object)
I am a 'Derived Recurse' object; My inherited data is 1 and "one"; my child's data is as follows:
I am a 'Derived Recurse' object; My inherited data is 2 and "two"; my child's data is as follows:
I am a 'Derived Recurse' object; My inherited data is 3 and "three"; my child's data is as follows:
I am a 'Derived Recurse' object; My inherited data is 4 and "four"; my child's data is as follows:
I am a 'Derived Recurse' object; My inherited data is 5 and "five;last"; my child's data is as follows:
(null object)
I am a 'Derived Join' object; My inherited data is 666 and "I am the last.".
Press any key to continue . . .