Uploading file in slow internet connection environment

Started by
3 comments, last by EkEk 18 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I'm trying to create an application using C# that zip a file and send to a server computer. I've done this, but because I live in a country that internet is so unreliable, my uploading often to failed. currently i'm using ftp to upload the file, but because internet connection often disconnect for short time, so my uploading is failed. Is there a (free)library that can make sure for a 100% success? maybe something that use for creating a download manager application? thanks...
Advertisement
if your internet connection is bad no amount of cool coding is going to guarantee that the file gets there before the connection drops. Back in the day with modems there were upload protocols like z-modem. If your connection dropped you could just reconnect and begin the download where you left off. Something like that is the solution you want to aim at. It would be coding at the packet level where you mark each packet as a progression of the sequence or something so that you know where to start up again when you reconnect.

Google around ("z-modem" "recoverable downloading" etc) and you might find something.

-me
okay i will look into it

thank you..
In case you didn't know... FTP supports resuming of uploads.
oow i did not know that..
thank you.
i think i'll try ftp first.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement