neural network library

Started by
1 comment, last by Timkin 18 years, 1 month ago
I am considering creating a neural network library which will allow to create neural networks using both already existing models and also make up new ones. just wondering, what kind of ann libraries you use (if any). Do u think this generelazied approach is vital, considering a great deal of differences between certain networks.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by pnroach
I am considering creating a neural network library which will allow to create neural networks using both already existing models and also make up new ones.

just wondering, what kind of ann libraries you use (if any). Do u think this generelazied approach is vital, considering a great deal of differences between certain networks.

There are many libraries (free and commercial) already out there. Yay for [google] search!. Before creating yet another ANN library, you might want to look through some of the existing libraries and find their problems.

If you really want to contribute to the community rather than just learning, please find one of those existing, stable, usable products and add to it.
Quote:Original post by pnroach
what kind of ann libraries you use (if any)

I use Matlab and the Neural Network Toolbox (and variants, like Neural Control Toolbox) for much of my ANN prototyping. Once I know a solution methodology works, I then look at implementation. Matlab has the benefit of being easily portable into C/C++.

There really isn't a need for more ANN libraries, although there is desperately a need to update existing libraries with more recent architectures. I'd recommend following that path.

Cheers,

Timkin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement