Bug In Tao? Can someone confirm this? Or confirm it's working please?

Started by
2 comments, last by Alex Baker 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi Guys, Can anyone else run the Redbook.Tess.exe & RedBook.TessWind.exe examples? I keep getting an exception winging about marshalling. Can someone please confirm this on their system? Or let me know if it works on your systems? Maybe with another build etc. I need to tessellate some polys :( Kind Regards, Chris Evans [Edited by - s3mt3x on March 6, 2006 6:19:39 PM]
Advertisement
Hi s3mt3x,

i've checked both files you have mentioned: tess.c & tesswind.c; both files are compiling and linking without any problem; also, i can start both applications without any error.

Usually, there should be really no problem compiling/linking/running any of the examples out of the ARB books; all examples are written using standard libraries and standard function calls. I'm assuming, it's a problem with the glut-version you are linking to.
Alex BakerComputer science is dealing with computers as much as astronomy is dealing with telescopes.
Hi Alex,

Sorry for not making this clear, I'm using Tao (a c# opengl port). This is where the problem resides - in the managed dlls. It's been confirmed this is a bug by others on the Tao mailing list now - so thanks anyway.

For anyone else who requires polygon tess in c# - I reccomend the article below to write your own wrapper (at least until the guys over at Tao get it fixed anyhow).

http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/37/186780.aspx

After finally getting this to build - it works like a dream.

Kind Regards

Chris Evans
s3mt3x,

yes, this was my failure; sorry. but, the the next question would have been, anyway, what compiler/IDE/ect. you are using, because i would have assumed you are talking about a "compiler distinct" problem.

but, no matter - hence it works, you dont' need to worry about anymore...

Alex BakerComputer science is dealing with computers as much as astronomy is dealing with telescopes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement