Any one know of a good book for scripting languages...

Started by
2 comments, last by Mike 24 years, 8 months ago
Hi,
there is an article about creating scripting engines on www.flipcode.com

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de
Advertisement
Well ... it isn't a book on scripting languages per se.

But, when you write a scripting language all you are really writing is a simple intrepretor.

So, I can recommend "Constructing Language Processors for Little Langauges" by Randy Kaplan.

Since a scripting engine is really a "little language" this book would probably be of good use for you.

It is a great introductory text for those who aren't ready for the "Dragon Book."

- Chris

Simply put, I want a book that will teach me how to write a scripting language like SeeR. Okay, I'll live with something not as good (I just want it to be writen in C/C++). Anyone know of such a book?
I bought "C : The Complete Reference" by Herbert Schildt. The last chapter is about writing a c-interpreter. I haven't read this chapter yet, so I can't tell you how good it is or not. Though the rest of the book is a decent(not fantastic) reference/tutorial. I picked it up because my C was extremely rusty. Its a decent book, and not too wretchedly expensive at $35. My suggestion is to stop in at a borders and take a look at it in the store. It may be what you want.

------------------
Dane Jackson - zuvembi@mindless.com
The meek shall inherit what they're bloody well given.
And be thankful for it.

Dane Jackson - zuvembi@mindless.com
The meek shall inherit what they're bloody well given.
And be thankful for it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement