Transylvania/Dracula Game

Started by
6 comments, last by Daaark 18 years, 1 month ago
hey everyone I'm currently working on a small command prompt game in C++, nothing flashy, it's all text based. The game is set in Transylvania, and has to do with Dracula, undead, and everything that goes underneath those categories. Since it's an RPG, I was just wondering what ideas you guys could give me for classes. I currently have a necromancer, Witch Doctor (even though it doesn't really fit in), and a Vampire Hunter, so if you could give me some other ideas that fit in with the theme of undead/dark/dracula that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
Well, "Vampire" comes to mind :P

Priest also comes to mind.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Just play some of the Castlevania games. You're grabbing enough material from them already. :)
Jetblade: an open-source 2D platforming game in the style of Metroid and Castlevania, with procedurally-generated levels
Try watching some vampire movies, like Nosferatu, Shadow of the Vampire, or Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I think it would be cool to do something interesting with less common classes, like noble, detective, merchant, innkeeper, farmer, or magician (like a stage-illusionist). I think Keanu Reeve's character in Dracula was a lawyer or something.
Spectre
Gargoyle
Fallen Angel
Werewolf

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

You know what might be interesting... taking some of the cheezier or cliché topics from the monster /horror movies from the 20's-70's (think Ed Wood, Vincent Price, etc)... you might find gold.
Quote:Original post by MatrixCubed
You know what might be interesting... taking some of the cheezier or cliché topics from the monster /horror movies from the 20's-70's (think Ed Wood, Vincent Price, etc)... you might find gold.

If you haven't played Zombies at my Neighbors... that's what you just described :) (One of SNES's best games, worth playing, giant babies, mutant ants, Chucky dolls, chainsaw maniacs, creepy hedge mazes, vampires, werewolves, mermen, aliens, the blob, the list goes on... wonderful stuff)

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

Damphir
Cleric / Priest
Vampire Hunter
Paranormal Investigator (could have skill for using funny gadgets to find clues and stuff other classes can't.)
Holy Knight / Crusader
Necromancer
Ghoul (this is what VTM called people who were taken up as slaves to the vampires, a wikipedia search on VTM could give you good material.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement