AWO - MMO - First Screens - First Impressions

Started by
21 comments, last by sysdevja 18 years, 1 month ago
Hey all, as many know ive been working on the egyptian project document (its changed and merged with other ancient cultures now), now ive started to get into development by myself. Im not going to say my MMO's amazing becuase i know its not, but i do however as far as i know planning on creating a huge MMO. In size. Heres a list of maps being developt. Each map has arround 4-5 zones, images below are shots from meadow and open ocean. http://solarsystemstudios.com/awodevblog/index.php?blog=2&p=27&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more27 Ive done arround 6 zones so far, all linked by the portals being scaled to size, so you cant walk off the terrain without warping to a new location. Okay enough of my talk heres the screens: -A small INN on the Meadow - Zone 2 Image hosting by Photobucket -Dusk (skies are being reworked :) ) Image hosting by Photobucket -A Small Camp (this will be occupied with 2 NPC's both giving you quests. Image hosting by Photobucket -You know its crazy but flying raindear - The flying with pets i got working so this is what my outcome was :P Image hosting by Photobucket -Another shot Image hosting by Photobucket -Swimming in the ocean - i noticed the water moves lol for the first time, also the water texture is only a temp. And also that ocean is huge! Image hosting by Photobucket -Luckly i marked the spot were the sunken trasure is, thers arround 200 spots becuase of the oceans vast size. I will be reworking lighting and also get some fish and bubles animated. Image hosting by Photobucket Nothing fancy, although the gameplay is my first priority before spicing it up. Also the screens have the interface cut off as this will be posted soon, and i hope you will have a surprise. Im plaining on getting a guild system up and running, also i want to get some towns and small villages placed on the world map. Anyone willing to help me? to model some content. -cant hurt to ask :P - Thank you J.Allsopp
Advertisement
Very nice! Cant wait to see its outcome, it looks very good. Keep us informed, good luck!
It looks very pretty. Obviously content and playability are the most important things to do now, as the best graphics in the world are wasted if the game isn't fun, but you've got a good platform there.
yes i know, many gamers these days are graphics hungry lol, but ive decided on porting over to multi verse as they have a vast range of features and are the competitors with bigworld. Also im using a small Terrain editor so im upgrading to a terrain editor that supports mega terrains
is this realmcrafter?
www.indiedevnews.com

looks realy good, if you need any beta testers you know where you can find atleast one :P
Quote:is this realmcrafter?

Im not going to lie to you guys. It is realm crafter and im currently using TED for terrains thats why my terrains can span from over 10km :P

I using realmcrafter to test out some ideas, and plus im awaiting multi verse as they have a much more stable foundation and over half a million dolalrs worth invested into the company and mr James Cameron director of titanic using it for the MMO based on his next film. Multi verse sounds like a blast also its Bigworld Techs competitor
Not to be a downer, but you do realize that these big name MMO middlewares are likely to license in the tens of thousands of $ ? I wouldn't be surprised if they reached up into 6 figures actually. Of course still much cheaper than it would probably be than if a developer were to make the tech themselves, but still likely outside the range of indies.
Multi verse is at resonable price arround $50-$100 and you get to host your game on there servers aswell - the only thing is if your game charges your customers they take 20-30% profit, but hey atleast its not like kaneva who take arround 70% of your profit at least with multiverse you can have your 70% profit. Although im not questing for a Pay to Play. Ill put a donations page up when the MMO is near alpha, but thatll prob be arround next year as ive already planned the document arround 700 pages of detail, game balances etc.
Hi all, heres a nice little up date showing the dev team enjoying our first test :P together and our new pet "Wolfy". Thanks jake for the original name!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thank you for reading

J.Allsopp

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement