Sign in to follow this  
Eric Poitras

C Linking errors

I know this might just be a stupid error on my part but I just can't figure it out. I'm trying to compile some C code with VC++ 6.0 but I get this link error message: SYSDEP.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _srandom SYSDEP.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _random SYSDEP.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _clrscr SYSDEP.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gotoxy SYSDEP.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _clreol SYSDEP.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _textcolor now I think all that is part of conio.h but I really don't get why it's giving me unresolved externals... anyway let me know :)

A Code example would be nice.

Usually you get unresolved external symbol errors if for example a function has been declared but not defined.
A case like that might happen if you use headers for DLLs, but didn't actually link the DLL with your project.

bye bye~,
MHOOO

Ah, it appears those are non-standard functions specific to Borland. The code you have was written for Borland compilers and will not work with Visual C++ or anything else really.