Sign in to follow this  
quaker

Other App Has Priority

What's the problem when trying to Re-acquire the keyboard/mouse device whose cooperative level is nonexclusive and foreground? It crashes with an error: DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO And cannot recove from it as if it were an infinte loop.

I get that error when I send a bad value to the method that fetches buffered input.. It's a variable I thought was out only, while it's infact in/out.. Not initializing that to a good value will crash DI it seems.. In debug it works because the variable will then be 0xcccccccc, but in release mode, the variable can be 0x00000000, which is not good at all it seems.. :p

Yes, instead of wasting your time you're wasting our time. He gave a good answer. I can't tell if he's right, but he gave a *good* answer.

Quaker - there's no need for the aggressive tone. Whether DvDmanDT's response was correct or not, it doesn't deserve your reply. People are not required to answer your's (or anyones) threads - they are doing so simply because they want to and feel that they might have something useful to add to the discussion.

Anyway, regarding your problem...

Without more details it's difficult to say, but a search of the forums reveals some similar situations. From a quick scan of those it would seem that your application has to play nice and wait until it can have it's turn. In a multi-program environment such as Windows you won't always get what you want when you want it [wink]

This post suggests a way of requesting your window is given focus, thus trying to jump in front of whatever is blocking your request.

Jack