Sign in to follow this  

help me please!!!!its a visual basic program.

This topic is 4302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey everyone, whats going on. my idiot professor sucks and doesn't teach us very well at all. I got this program I got to create this program and I don't even know were to begin. If someone could tell me how to do the program, that would be amazing. Thanx for all your help guys!! here it is: Write the program which asks the user to enter a time of day in the form hh:mm:ss. The program will read in this string from a text box and scan for the colon (:) characters. Break the string apart and convert each part to integer format representing the number of hours, minutes, and seconds in the time. Display each of these values in an appropriate text box. Finally, compute the number of seconds since midnight that this time represents and display it in a text box. Note, the time given in the time string should be based on 24 hour time, thus 1:00 PM would be written as 13:00:00. For a test, try the time 15:23:35 which is 55,415 seconds since midnight. help!!!!lol

Guest Anonymous Poster
Bad news:
I don't think anyone here will find enough motivation to help you do your homework.

Good news:
You don't have to do it. If you're not willing to figure it out on your own, then you shouldn't even be programming in the first place.

Not to sound like an ass, but I have a feeling it isn't the teacher... If I'm not mistaken you were also supposed to purchase a book for the class as well. The information you need will be in there, along with the notes you take in class.

That said, obviously you need to create a window (VB starts you off with one by default if I remember correctly). Add a textbox and probably a button. The concept you want to focus on here is text parsing to find the ":" in the user input.

guys i'm trying to do it but it won't work. I got my label, buttons and text boxs all in place and I declare hours, minutes, and seconds as strings. from their im lost. don't poke fun and please help. I'm new at this and ill admit im not very good. my my teacher does suck, we dont even use the computers in class, all he does is lecture about ramdom crap like how to make french toast. Its true. Thanks again guys.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yes blame the professor for not teaching you well. A professor's job is not to teach, his job is to guide.

Well, noone will GIVE you the answer, but I'll try to help.

Here's a hint. You said you declared hours, minutes, and seconds as strings. But do you REALLY want those to be strings? You are going to start with one string (inputbox.text) and pull the hours, minutes, and seconds out of it. You are then going to do some calculations with those numbers. So, reevaluate your data type there.

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you use this, you will forever be doomed to being a shitty good for nothing programmer. The apple is poison but it looks so delicious....

--removed by moderator--

This topic is 4302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.