DirectX sample Browser installing issues

Started by
1 comment, last by Aglet 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi folks. I just installed Microsofts DirectX sample browser to get going with my DirectX programming. I wanted to look at some examples there. THe thing is though, I haven't been able to install the examples as intended. When I click the "Install Project" on any project, the browser automatically extracts files to my visual studio directory. But when i try to open a certain project I get the following error message: "The application for project 'C:\Documents and [...] \CompiledEffect_2005\CompiledEffect_2005.csproj' is not installed Make sure the application for the project type (.csproj) is installed" Any idea on what to do here? I have the following installed: *** Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 Installed Edition: VC Express Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 76542-000-0000011-00125 Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 *** /Aglet.
Advertisement
From what I understand, you only have the Express Edition of Visual C++ 2005. If this is the case - this edition can only be used to open C++ projects, and the certain project you are attempting to open is a C# project.

You can either try a different sample, with C++ code, or install the Express Edition of Visual C# 2005, which would allow you to open C# projects. There's a filter you can set to which languages you want the sample browser to show, so you'll need to make sure it's also showing the C++ samples.

If you have either the standard or professional version of VS2005, it should include both Visual C++ and Visual C#, and you need to make sure the latter was selected to be installed when you installed it.

Hope this helps.
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
Seems to be the problem. Thanks a bunch. Now I just have to figure out how to install the c# part...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement