Sign in to follow this  
Jonas B

[.net] Micro-consulting

Jonas B    100
This forum is great for getting help, but of course one can't expect people to fully walk you through the problem at hand. Sometimes, I'd be willing to pay someone to take a closer look. If I spend 10 hrs on a problem, it would make perfect sense to paypal $100 for the solution (that probably takes 30 mins or less for a more knowledgeable person). Experts-exchange seems to work a bit like that(?), but it's on a different scale, often 3-line solutions. Does this kind of system exist already? And with a lot of MDX/.NET experts? I can't find a good description of how EE actually works, maybe their Premium service is what I'm looking for.

Talonius    643
For EE the solution you look for depends entirely on the amount of points you're willing to give. You could receive the solution you want, you'll just need to spend more points.

Other than that you could examine some of the sites that offer the ability to post jobs and a payment. (IT Moonlighting? Grr... I can't remember the names of the sites right now.)

Jonas B    100
Thanks for the tips. Google Answers seems to be the kind of service I had in mind, but I wonder how many .NET/MDX experts actually frequent it when there's just this huge category called "programming". Have you had any experiences with it?

Jonas B    100
It still doesn't feel focused enough, and it would be nice to know a little about the "contractors". I wish gamedev.net would have such a service! They could finance it by taking a small percentage of every transaction.

Would anyone except me be interested? (Is it possible to start polls here?)