Sign in to follow this  
md_lasalle

My First Published Game

***ENGLISH follows*** Bonjour à tous! Je suis un programmeur qui habite la région de Montréal, et je viens tout juste de terminer mon premier jeu : GK ADVENTURES. Je travaillais comme administrateur réseaux pour la compagnie Construction Garnier, qui eux, ont une fondation qui aide les jeunes nommée Garnierkids.com. Je leur ai offert un jeu en 3D et m'ont donné carte blanche pour tout le développement. J'ai donc profiter de l'occasion pour monter un éditeur de niveaux et un moteur 3d pour apprendre à fond le C/C++ et OpenGL. Le résultat final fût mieux que ce que j'aurais pu espérer, alors... à vous de juger! Téléchargez-le gratuitement en suivant ce lien : GK ADVENTURES Version Française GK ADVENTURES Version Anglaise Je suis présentement à la recherche d'un emploi dans le domaine du jeu vidéo dans la région de Montréal. N'hésitez pas à m'écrire directement à : md_lasalle@yahoo.ca Merci. Marc Durocher ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi everyone! I'm a programmer living in the Montreal's region, and I just finished my first game : GK ADVENTURES. I was working as a Network Administrator for a compagny called Construction Garnier, who has a Foundation that helps children called Garnierkids.com. I offered them to make a 3D game and they gave me all the liberty I wanted for the developpement and the game design. I jumped on the occasion to make a level editor and an engin that could power the game to learn C/C++ and OpenGL. The final result was better than what I was expecting... so here it is as a free download! GK ADVENTURES English version GK ADVENTURES French version I am currently looking for employement in the game industry in the region of Montreal. Feel free to contact me at anytime using this email : md_lasalle@yahoo.ca Thanks. Marc Durocher [Edited by - md_lasalle on March 11, 2006 2:55:54 PM]

Quote:
Original post by gamerking
Couldn't get it working on my internet computer though-(No GPU).

I should of told the minimum system specs :

-p3 800 mhz
-32 meg geforce2 or up (OpenGL 1.2+)
-128 ram

Quote:
Original post by gamerking
Man I wish I spoke another language,

is that you did not understand my post ?

So, what you guys think about the game ?

I'm using the same engine to make my first multiplayer FPS game called Friendly Territory : Babowars

It's some sort of Enemy Territory / Starwars parody based on ET gameplay with different calsses (ie. Medic,Soldier, Enginer, etc )

I have posted a screen shot here : Babowars

The game will be crossplatform so that Linux, Mac and Windows user can play togheter, and I'll setup a small Master server to query current games.

If anyone has suggestion, since I'm just at the beginning of the gameplay programming...

By the way a Babo is a simple Sphere rolling around, i'm currently working on it's physic, so the gameplay will be special... an FPS where you are a ball ?!?! yeah sure...lol

Sign in to follow this