My personal web site (plus a demo of my game)

Started by
15 comments, last by BlackGhost 18 years ago
Hi all, I'm a C++ programmer and I've been working on my personal game engine for about a year. Now, I have something that looks like a game. If any of you guys would be kind enough to find the time to play it, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. It's an ATV off-road racing game. It requires Windows XP, a DirectX-9 compatible graphics card (shader model 2), and a beefy processor (let's say 1.6GHz Pentium M or better since that's the oldest I could find). I'm greatly interested in technical comments right now (does it run on your machine? is it fast enough?). Gameplay comments are welcome, too. You can download the demo here: http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~andreas/downloads/ATVRageSetup.zip My portfolio web site (comments also welcome): http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~andreas/default.html
Advertisement
Unfortunatly my graphics card does not support any kind of shaders, so I couldn't run the game. [sad]

I like your site though. There are mainly two things bothering me, first the large-heighted logo which takes up too much precious space, and second all the border lines everywhere on tables, menu items etc. Removing those border lines would make the site look cleaner I think.

I looked at your game videos though, and they looked real sweet!
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
Lagged.

AMD XP 1900+, 1024MB Crucial Ballistix RAM, Nforce 3 Motherboard, 40GB RAptor RAID 0, Geforce 5700 256MB, Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum.

Could barely move. Studder'ed the whole time. Tried going into options and turning off some things but did not improve anything.
eng.dll has an error and causes it to crash
The game runs like a charm.

System specs : Amd Athlon 64 3000+, 1024 MB DDR ( corsair ), Windows X64 Pro, ATI radeon X850XT 256 MB.

Website looks very nice in my opinion, very user friendly.

The Guildhall must be attracting some quality students now. Ran fine on my machine. FPS were usually around 40 in full-screen, with all other options turned on. That is definitely one of the better hobby engine/level editor pairs I've seen.
P4 3.0Ghz, Radeon X600 Pro 256MB, 512MB SDRAM, XP Home SP2.
-david
Thanks for all the input, I appreciate that.

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Lagged.

AMD XP 1900+, 1024MB Crucial Ballistix RAM, Nforce 3 Motherboard, 40GB RAptor RAID 0, Geforce 5700 256MB, Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum.

Could barely move. Studder'ed the whole time. Tried going into options and turning off some things but did not improve anything.

If you could please let me know wether this happened during all game (including menu screen), or just in the race screen?

Quote:Original post by Ganoosh_
eng.dll has an error and causes it to crash

If you still have the game installed and it's not too much trouble, it would be very helpful if you could send me the minidump file.

Thanks everyone for trying the game out!
ran great for me, visually very impressive! I look forward to a version with full ATV physics!
I dont have the game installed anymore. If I remember right it lagged both in the menu and actual game.

<
Since I was the only one who experienced problems, maybe I was just a tard and had a full virus scan running in the background, had a music program running, had hl2 minimized while loading a scene, and running SETI. Who knows.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement