• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
eviltwigflipper

Maya API Problem

This topic is 4485 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im programming a custom maya converter for one of my projects, but i'm some having problems. When ever I call MFileIO::open, and pass it the filename to open, it generates Error loading 'C:\projects\darklight\src\code\builds/base\models\weapons\earthshaker.mb' because (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure I have researched the problem and I can't find a answer. I have called MLibrary::initialize before i start anything, and heres the code I have so far for my conversion function.
int ConvertModel( void ) {
	MStatus	status;
	char    *fileName = va("%s%s", basePathDir, modelDef.inputMaya);

Com_Print("Converting %s to %s\n", modelDef.inputMaya, modelDef.outputMd3);
	Com_Print("Loading File\n");

MString	mayaName( fileName );

status = MFileIO::newFile( true );
	if ( !status ) {
		Com_Print("Error Reseting Maya File State because %s\n",fileName, status.errorString().asChar() );
		return 0;
	}
	status = MFileIO::open( mayaName, NULL, true );
	if ( !status ) {
		Com_Print("Error loading '%s' because %s\n",fileName, status.errorString().asChar() );
		return 0;
	}

return 1;
}

Im using maya 5. Any ideas why its generating: Unexpected Internal Failure? [Edited by - eviltwigflipper on March 11, 2006 7:24:14 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!