Compiler idle/freeze

Started by
10 comments, last by smart_idiot 18 years, 1 month ago
I started up the VC 2003 command line compiler, and attempted to compile my source code. It starts, and I get no errors, but it doesn't do anything, almost as if it is in an infinite loop. What could possibly cause this? It compiles fine in another compiler.
Advertisement
try another program?
It compiles other files, but it just freezes on that one. It used to give me errors, but now that I took care of all the errors, it just freezes.

Also, how do you link libraries with a command line compiler? (VC++ Toolkit 2003)
bump?
It's probably a bug in the compiler. You could try a Rebuild All or whatever the VC2003 equivalent is. That sometimes cures a few problems.
I don't think I understand...

Anyway, all I have is a .c file, and the empty .obj file that it makes every time.
Rather than trying to compile your code through the command line why dont you download Code::Blocks and use the toolkit through that?

Also you dont link files through the compiler, you invoke cl.exe to produce a .obj file for each of your source files then pass these to link.exe along with any other required options which will produce your exe file. If you use Code::Blocks then all these details will be taken care of.

Using VC2003 through Code::Blocks isn't working either...

And, why does GCC tell me that "sleep" and "GL_BGRA_EXT" are undefined?
Hvae you got the proper header files included? You'll probably need windows.h and gl.h.

For many systems, you'll need to include "gl/gl.h" for the opengl header file, and if 'sleep' is the windows function, after you include <windows.h>, make sure you change "sleep" to "Sleep".
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
"sleep" -> "Sleep" fixed the sleep problem, and switching out the gl.h file for the one that comes in the MS SDK fixed the "GL_BGRA_EXT" error. However, now I get some link errors. Only 3 though:
oRly.o:oRly.c:(.text+0x429): undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8'oRly.o:oRly.c:(.text+0x489): undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12'oRly.o:oRly.c:(.text+0x65b): undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4'
What am I missing now?

(compiling with VC2003 still doesn't work)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement