• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Degski

Problem with SSE Assembler code

This topic is 4510 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm a beginner in assemly programming and would like to request your help! I'm trying to implement a dot-product calculation using sse/sse2 instructions (see code below). The code below works, but there is a problem. The calculation is correct, but some of the variables in the calling function get disturbed (are incorrect) and are affected by the call to _dot_pro32. It calculates a 32 lenght dot product of two vectors passed as pointers. The running total of my dot-product in the calling function is changed when calling this procedure. I've also tried a version using only the high xmm-registers (xmm8-xmm15), this actually works, but I would also like to have a 64 length by using all xmm registers (and then this trick won't work), so I'd like to solve the problem. I think I need to save/push/store some registers/flags, I've tried them all, but to no avail. Could anybody please comment/improve??? Thanks in advance _dot_pro32: movaps xmm0, [rcx] mulps xmm0, [rdx] movaps xmm1, [rcx+16] mulps xmm1, [rdx+16] movaps xmm2, [rcx+32] mulps xmm2, [rdx+32] movaps xmm3, [rcx+48] mulps xmm3, [rdx+48] movaps xmm4, [rcx+64] mulps xmm4, [rdx+64] movaps xmm5, [rcx+80] mulps xmm5, [rdx+80] movaps xmm6, [rcx+96] mulps xmm6, [rdx+96] movaps xmm7, [rcx+112] mulps xmm7, [rdx+112] addps xmm0, xmm1 addps xmm2, xmm3 addps xmm4, xmm5 addps xmm6, xmm7 addps xmm0, xmm2 addps xmm4, xmm6 addps xmm0, xmm4 movaps xmm1, xmm0 psrldq xmm1, 4 addss xmm0, xmm1 psrldq xmm1, 4 addss xmm0, xmm1 psrldq xmm1, 4 addss xmm0, xmm1 ret

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!