I can not play mpe(g) video in DirectShow?

Started by
4 comments, last by Thread 18 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I can not play mpe(g) video's in DirectShow. I have install the new SDK and runtime 9.0c 2006. My Media Player 10 in winXP also dont play MPG video, blackscreen or error. Somethimes i have only sound and no video? Thanks for helping my, regards Henk.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Advertisement
Do have all the current codecs and such? I'm not sure exactly what you need for mpeg though...
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Quote:Original post by Sr_Guapo
Do have all the current codecs and such? I'm not sure exactly what you need for mpeg though...

Yes maybe this is te trouble, but i dont now where i can get the codec for mpg in use with Directshow?

Cogito Ergo Sum
http://www.codec-download.com/
http://www.free-codecs.com
Generally speaking what plays in MediaPlayer will play through DirectShow.

Things to bear in mind with MPEG...

MPEG-1 - no problem (other than quality), the codec has been included as part of Windows for some time.

MPEG-2 - because of licencing, an MPEG-2 codec is not included as standard. If you want one, it will probably cost you - I haven't seen a free one. Premiere Pro installs one if you have that - as do several other applications - but you need to be careful assuming other people running your app will have one also. If your application's warrants it, you might need to licence one.

On the other hand - can you convert to Windows Media 9? It's free and the compression / quality ratio is better.

Good luck!
Quote:Original post by blairhartley
Generally speaking what plays in MediaPlayer will play through DirectShow.

Things to bear in mind with MPEG...

MPEG-1 - no problem (other than quality), the codec has been included as part of Windows for some time.

MPEG-2 - because of licencing, an MPEG-2 codec is not included as standard. If you want one, it will probably cost you - I haven't seen a free one. Premiere Pro installs one if you have that - as do several other applications - but you need to be careful assuming other people running your app will have one also. If your application's warrants it, you might need to licence one.

On the other hand - can you convert to Windows Media 9? It's free and the compression / quality ratio is better.

Good luck!

Ok Thanks, this is useful information.
Cogito Ergo Sum

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement