Sign in to follow this  
brute929

clothing system

S1CA    1418
Quote:
Original post by brute929
i mean like the clothing system you get in rpgs

Please can you be more specific!!

"clothing system" could mean almost anything, one somehow related to an RPG still doesn't provide enough context for anyone to be able to give you a helpful reply!

To me, "clothing" related to an RPG could mean (at least) any or all of:

- realtime cloth simulation and rendering?

- rendering of interchangable clothing types for instanced characters?

- rendering of team colours/coats-of-arms etc for characters?

- rendering of adornments and accessories (shields etc) for characters?

- armour versus weapon scoring/handling system (e.g. nasty sword takes 5 points off suit of arms that has a maximum protection rating of 15)?

- a game about the clothing industry?

Endar    668
Quote:
Original post by S1CA
- a game about the clothing industry?

I'm not into rpgs, but I would definately try this one out. [grin]

Anyway, Original Poster: do you mean this:

Quote:
]Original post by S1CA

Depends what kind of rpg you're writing. If you're doing a simple one where the character's mesh won't change depending on what he's wearing, it's pretty simple to change the texture on the character, or part of the texture.

If you're talking about a full-blown 3d rpg where the mesh does change, well it would be harder. I don't know how much, but you'd probably have to ensure that each character has the same shape and each piece of clothing is the same size. That or model a heck of a lot of things.

brute929    100
i mean a clothing system where a character can wear clothes.. get it?? just kidding..

what i mean is a clothing system that you get in a lot of rpgs where the mesh actually changes and the player can for example wear leather trousers and iron armour on his chest.. get it now???

let me give an example.. the clothing system in fable.

happy now???

brute929    100
Quote:
Original post by S1CA

- rendering of adornments and accessories (shields etc) for characters?

- armour versus weapon scoring/handling system (e.g. nasty sword takes 5 points off suit of arms that has a maximum protection rating of 15)?

i meant those three

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:

happy now???

I have a feeling that you have not learned the life lesson of: "without giving respect, you will never gain respect." To keep this point short, you mocked a board member attempting to help you (because you could not take your own thought and convey it concisely enough to get a useful response). When someone pointed this out to you - you acted like a 8 year old jerk wanting his cookie off the counter. The fact that you decided not to spend more then 5 seconds typing your question (two attempts), shows that your do not want more than a 5 second answer. You then bumped your post when you didnt get your way.

Here is your 5 second answer:

(three strikes and your out) go google it, no one wants to help you now.

brute929    100
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:

happy now???

I have a feeling that you have not learned the life lesson of: "without giving respect, you will never gain respect." To keep this point short, you mocked a board member attempting to help you (because you could not take your own thought and convey it concisely enough to get a useful response). When someone pointed this out to you - you acted like a 8 year old jerk wanting his cookie off the counter. The fact that you decided not to spend more then 5 seconds typing your question (two attempts), shows that your do not want more than a 5 second answer. You then bumped your post when you didnt get your way.

Here is your 5 second answer:

(three strikes and your out) go google it, no one wants to help you now.

i have a simpler answer F off