My Updated Online Portfolio

Started by
2 comments, last by wyled 18 years, 1 month ago
I recently posted a thread entitled "My Online Portfolio" where I asked people to comment on my site. I would like to thank every one who posted comments, they weighed heavily when I went to redesign the site. I have finnished updating the site and I have to say it looks 10 times better than it did before. Check out the site at zombiebeerrun.com Once again thank you to those that posted comments on my last thread and please post comments on this one and let me know what you think about the site and if there needs to be any changes to it.
Advertisement
Much better now indeed. :)

May I suggest using a sans-serif font-type? Serif fonts don't fit websites very well, due to their curly stuff which makes them hard to read on computer screens.

I'd also put screenshots a bit higher in the project pages, as that's often what people go for first before checking any further.

And maybe change the red titles some - red on black/grey is a bit harsh to the eye. A more subtle color will do better, methinks.
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Hey, I wandered around your site a bit. I'm not much of a web person (I'm actually struggling with designing my own site and looking at other's for ideas) so I don't have much to comment on. Looks fine to me. One thing that stuck out though was a misspelling on your resume. It says "jog" instead of "job" on the objective line of your printable version. I didn't read it thoroughly, but I highly recommend you look it over a few more times and make sure that was the only one. Bad spelling on resumes looks bad.
Your resume has no list of relevent skills.

What do you have experience in programming? All I saw from your source code was that you know C++ a bit and some DirectX API usage. Do you know any other programming languages, APIs, or have experience with any game engines?

Your list of experience is also useless as far as the gaming industry is concerned. You should only be including technical related jobs (even if they were a hobby - like the demos you have on your site). I would put in your list of experience "Independent Game Development" and list the games and demos you created instead of listing useless (to employers) time spent at a movie theatre.

If you know DirectX, you should pick up OpenGL experience as well. Get experience programming using game engines, even if it is just the HL2 SDK.

I hope you find these pointers useful, because if its a job you're looking for, you'll get a lot more if you have those things listed.
---John Josef, Technical DirectorGlass Hat Software Inc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement