Dumb thread

Started by
11 comments, last by MatrixCubed 18 years, 1 month ago
Only respond to this if you are willing to put up with a dumb person like me. I am not a game designer and will probably never be close to being one. I just have a great idea for a game that would have a big fanbase. I would like a game developer to make this game as soon as possible and I don't even care if I don't get paid for the idea. I would like to know how to get a game developer to steal my idea because I don't think I could actually make this game in my lifetime unless I had millions of dollars. I wouldn't mind if some company stole my idea or made a ripoff of it, as long as they included the most important parts of my idea in the game. So I am just wondering how to get major game companies to notice my idea and steal it.
Advertisement
The first thing to do is to publicly express you idea :)

One thing you should know about ideas: everybody have them. The one you have has probably already done its way into the brain of a game designer. Whether it will use it or not is only a matter of beeing really good - or not :)

So, let's do step one: what is your idea?
you could start by telling someone what your idea is
Realistically? You can't.

The thing is, there's no shortage of people with ideas. The problem is implementing them. Most developers and publishers shred unsolicited game designs without looking at them for legal reasons.

Unless you know a professional game developer and can convince him of the awesomeness of your idea, it's never going to get made unless you either make it yourself, or someone else comes up with it independently.

You could try posting it here and maybe someone might be inspired by it and develop it as a hobby project or something, but remember most people here have their own ideas they'd like to see developed, so don't hold your breath.
you could post your idea here anyway if you dont mind it being torn apart about how its been done before, is technically unfesable or add little to the actual gameplay
(bit harsh but very likely outcome)
Quote:Original post by drew3000
So I am just wondering how to get major game companies to notice my idea and steal it.
Short answer, you can't.
Longer answer to this very frequently asked question can be found here. (and the answer is no different if you are trying to sell your idea or give it away).

If you want someone to use your idea post it here. That is the best you can hope for unless you are going to make the game yourself.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
There are some opportunities (like IGF for example) but I would say you have to invest some years in this.

Previously "Krohm"

Quote:Original post by Krohm
There are some opportunities (like IGF for example) ......
Not much use for this guy. He wants someone else to make his game. You have to submit a game to the IGF, not just an idea.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
I might make your game if you tell me the idea!
Hehehe, sounds like you just feel like playing your game :P

Maybe it he put a bit of work into it... like, did the whole game doc and put it on the public domain. I bet a lot of people who are good at coding but bad at desgning could pick it up and try it out (assuming it's not an MMOFPSTRSRPG-ThirdPerson-Simulation-Racing-whatever).

Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement