Sign in to follow this  
magnesia4

Unity HL2MP mod outline - opinions?

Hi, I've made an outline of what I feel needs to be changed in HL2MP SDK. This link directs to it www.magnesia4.hlgaming.com. If you would kindly look at it and tell me if I've missed any major categories or, through impression, you believe i'm missing something please reply. I am looking for any kind of criticism. Best Regards, Magnesia4 PS. I am still looking for members to work with. http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=380620 [Edited by - magnesia4 on March 18, 2006 9:12:48 PM]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By abarnes
      Hello!
      I am a game development student in my second year of a three year program and I would like to start building my portfolio. I was thinking of creating some games to show what I can do to potential employers since I wont have any work related experience when I graduate. But as I'm sure you all know there are tons of ways to approach developing/designing a game and I'm curious if anyone had any insight as to any "standards" that come with this? Is it okay to use game engines like Unity, Unreal, Game Maker etc? Or would it be better to make a game from scratch to better show case your skills? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!
    • By Hilster
      Hello 2D Artists,
      I've started making a 2D Puzzle Adventure game for mobile and I'm looking for someone who would want in on creating assets for the game. The core of the programming is pretty much complete, you can walk within the grid laid out and push boxes, when there is an object on top of a pressure pad it will activate the linked objects or if there is one object with multiple linked pressure pads it requires you to activate all points for the object to become active. 

The level iteration for the game is quick and simple, a Photoshop file that is made of individual pixels that represents objects is put into the game and it creates the level out of those pixels with the assigned objects.
      The objects that need sprites created so far is the character, box, pressure pad, door, trap door, the walls, the stairs and the tiled background.
      I intend to add more objects so the amount I'd like to add will be extended.
      My motivations for posting here is to have something that looks nice to be able to display on my portfolio, so if you're looking for a working game that you can place your art into and improve the look of your portfolio then we're in business.
      Please reply with a few past examples of your art below and I'll be in touch!
    • By thefollower
      Hi
      I have set up my TcpClient to connect to my server and that works fine. But i am a bit confused how i read messages from the network stream with it continuously running via async, without ever closing the connection ?
      My TcpClient Manager class has:

public async Task<bool> Connect(string address, int port) { try { await _tcpClient.ConnectAsync(address, port); IsConnected = true; return true; } catch(Exception e) { Debug.Log(e); return false; } } public async Task<int> Read(byte[] readBuffer) { if (!IsConnected) return -1; using (var networkStream = _tcpClient.GetStream()) { try { var bytesRead = await networkStream.ReadAsync(readBuffer, 0, readBuffer.Length); return bytesRead; } catch (Exception e) { Debug.Log(e); IsConnected = false; return -1; } } }  
      So i thought to just run a co-routine and call Read constantly to get the most recent message, but that doesn't make much sense to me since a co-routine would be blocked with the await. How is this actually done? The MS Docs don't have very good Async examples with the TcpClient class so i don't know fully get how to keep calling Read correctly.
    • By NUITGaming
      Landscaping back ground maid in Unreal 4.18
  • Popular Now