Sign in to follow this  
CLoudius

[MDX]Draw Surfaces onto other Surface possible?

Is it possible in Direct3d to draw a surface onto another surface? I want to fake transparancy in Direct3d and I hope this is possible this way. I have tried using something like this. It works but is slow. protected Texture FromBitmap(Device device, Bitmap bitmap) { Texture texture = new Texture(device, bitmap.Width, bitmap.Height, 1, Usage.Dynamic, Format.A8R8G8B8, Pool.Default); GraphicsBuffer a = texture.Lock(0, new Rectangle(0,0,bitmap.Width, bitmap.Height), LockFlags.None); int pitch = a.Pitch; //Microsoft.DirectX.GraphicsStream a = texture.LockRectangle(0, LockFlags.None, out pitch); System.Drawing.Imaging.BitmapData bd = bitmap.LockBits(new System.Drawing.Rectangle(0, 0, bitmap.Width, bitmap.Height), System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageLockMode.ReadOnly, System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb); unsafe { byte* to = (byte*)a.DataBufferPointer; byte* from = (byte*)bd.Scan0.ToPointer(); for (int y = 0; y < bd.Height; ++y) for (int x = 0; x < bd.Width * 4; ++x) to[pitch * y + x] = from[y * bd.Stride + x]; } texture.Unlock(0); bitmap.UnlockBits(bd); return texture; } Please help me.. Greetz, Cloudius

You need to make sure that your destination surface is a render target. Than you can use SetRenderTarget to select this surface and draw anything you want to it.

To create a render target surface you can use the CreateRenderTarget method or in the case you need this surface later as a texture you have to use D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET as usage flag. Remember that all render targets need to create in the default pool.