question about "Game Coding Complete"

Started by
4 comments, last by Deleter 18 years, 1 month ago
I've found the book Game Coding Complete at amazon.com and it looks very nice, but it's not that cheap in Germany (we have fixed books prices :(), and thus I'm wondering where the differences are in the 2nd edition compared to the 1st edition (2nd costs 50% more)? 1st edition 2nd edition
Advertisement
I only have the first edition, but I can recommend it very strongly. In fact, it's so good I'm tempted to buy the second edition as well, because whatever extra is in there, I want to read it!

Obviously if you're on a budget you may have to be more careful with your money, but my personal opinion is that although I've not read the second edition, I'd bet it's worth the extra cost.
I bought the 1st edition, and although it was a great book, there were a few things missing. Most noteably, several times the author said, "but I'll talk about that later" and he never did. I think that is mostly what has been resolved in the 2nd edition. In any case, I think you can find out what exactly has been changed and added in the 2nd edition by reading the book's detailed description, or by reading the book's back cover.
I own the first the edition. It´s a very nice book, I really liked it but a few days ago I saw the second edition in a local bookstore and it´s twice as big so, if you can afford it, I´d suggest you to go for the second ed.

--Nacho
I think the 2nd edition is almost twice the size of the first, which would justify the price hike. I'm not 100% certain though

[Edit] Jast saw Ignacio's post, so listen to him, he sounds knowledgable ;)
Quote:Original post by SunTzu
I only have the first edition, but I can recommend it very strongly. In fact, it's so good I'm tempted to buy the second edition as well, because whatever extra is in there, I want to read it!

same thought here. The first edition is sweet in and of itself, I could hardly believe it when they came out with the 2nd edition and it was stuffed with more info.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement