Sign in to follow this  
EmpireProductions

Need Your help!

I am doing research for a game design document for a MMORPG based on Greek and Roman Mythology called The Age of Fables. I would like to know what kinds of things you guys would like to see implemented in this type of game. It could be anything!

scourgez    136
definately something like age of mythology had where you could summon god-like powers, or even black and white2, where you could use one very epic world changing event, like an earthquake, or volcano. or at least this is what i have written down in my god-like game dealing with mythology and such

something like a world changing event (volcano, earthquake) I would think would have to be reserved to high level people and be like special and not available all the time but something like that would add more to the game.

Last night i was also thinking about what type of economy should be implemented. I don't think they had a money based economy like we have today back when Greek Mythology was believed. It was more trade based then money based. so I was thinking about how something like that could be implemented every item would have to be giving a value. Then Guilds to build cities and stuff they would have spend metals that would be minned. Any one have any ideas more on how we could implement this and would any one like the job of developing this system and implementing it for us?

Captain P    1092
Uhm, I'm afraid there's nobody with the required skills that's going to implement your game for you, especially not a game the size of a MMORPG (even professional game companies are shy to attempt them because the sheer costs and technical difficulties involved).
I wouldn't advise starting such games without previous experience with smaller games anyway.

As for mythology, you could use both the normal world and the Olympus world - including Titans as huge boss-type creatures. Perhaps having a different type of items/weapons/economy in both?
As for economy, they sure did use coinage.

Sign in to follow this