• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Endemoniada

Wavetable Lookup Problem

This topic is 4481 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I made a wavetable (array) where I keep one full cycle of a wave (sin for now) and I get output samples at any frequency like this: #define sample_rate 44100 #define wave_table_size 4096 #define wave_table_mask 4095 float wave_scale=(float)wave_table_size/(float)sample_rate; // get 100 samples at 440hz freq=440.0f; base_freq=freg*wave_scale; phase=0.0f; for(i=0;i<100;i++){ // no interpolation or even rounding o=wavetable[(int)phase & wave_table_mask]; phase+=base_freq; } That works great for getting values equivalent to sin(). But I run into a big problem when I want to get values like this: a=sin(f*t); // no problem with lookup table b=sin(f*t+a); // I can't figure out how to add the 'a' using the lookup table scheme. I've been working on this for a few days and just can't seem to get it right. Please help.

Advertisement
The usage of base_freq suggestions that it should be unrealated to the size of the buffer, however you seem to calculate base_freq using the buffers size.

If you are recording at 44100hz and you want to pluck a 440hz stream out of it, the stride between samples would be:

stride = (44100 / 440) = (sample_rate / freq)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!