Sign in to follow this  
Binomine

Unity Gravis Xperience,, hows it do that?

Binomine    611
I realize I'm stepping on a lot of toes asking this questions, but.. I've been playing a MMORPG featuring nProtect GameGuard. Like most MMORPGs, it doesn't support a gamepad, so I've been using the Gravis Xperience to translate my gamepad into key presses. Xperience can't find the MMORPG's process, but when I set it to "all other games", it has no problem emulating the keyboard. Here's my problem, XPerience is a process hog. It noticeably slows down my computer, and I'm on a decent system. I'd love to write something more lightweight, but I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to get around GameGuard. GameGuard prevents DLL injection. So, DirectInput Hooking doesn't work, on any process. SendInput doesn't seem to work. Can't find a hWnd to use SendMessage(). It prevents Spy++ from loading. Botters use Process Guard, win9x emulation or a series of other undesirable hacks that I don't wish to use. I just want a lightweight process to emulate a keyboard or a heavier process that I can turn on and off. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? You can always PM me if you don't feel like making the information public.

Binomine    611
I have a good theory now on how it's done, after a quick view of the Gravis software with Spy++, but I'd like to bump this one more time before letting it die, just incase my hunch is wrong.

keybd_event() would work, if the MMORPG was using a Buffered DirectInput approach to reading in the keys. However, it's not.