[.net] Managed DirectX Help!!!

Started by
4 comments, last by Talonius 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi guys, i am having hard time finding & downloading managed directx (lol). I downloaded this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EDB98FFA-A59C-4C23-9B92-BA304F188314&displaylang=en)(DirectX 2006 February SDK) But i dont have in C# a new type of project to make, such as Windows Application, Console Application, i should have DirectX project, but i dont have it. Am i downloading a right kind of directX?
Advertisement
DirectX project? Never seen that in mine. You just need to create a console or windows app, add references to the applicable MDX dlls.
Or start from one of the samples from e.g. the SDK or mdxinfo.com.
Thanks Jonas B,
So even without that we can still work with D3D, ah good then!
I really dont like that "allready" create projects(like devices...) but i want to be sure that i can use my SDK February normaly...

Thank again.
Problem Solved, i guess ;)
There is a sample application framework provided with the SDK, but they don't install a project template for new DirectX applications- you have to dig down into the samples or tutorials folder to find it. I'd tell you where the framework is but I'm not on a machine with the SDK installed at the moment, so all I can tell you is look for a folder called "EmptyProject" or something very similar in the DX installation's directory tree.

But, yeah you can just use DirectX by adding a couple assembly references and using directives to your project.

[Edited by - The_Incubator on June 14, 2006 2:42:33 PM]
The empty project The_Incubator is talking about can be found under c:\<Path to DX SDK>\Samples\Managed\Direct3D\EmptyProject. There is also a a folder called EmptyProject_2005 which obviously contains the solution file for VS2005

Concerning your question about having a new "Project Type" to select from:
On Coding4Fun there is an article called Creating an Application Template which explains how you can create a template to add to VS2005. Basically that will add an entry "DirectX Application" similar to "Windows Application" when you create a new project.
With the initial releases of the DirectX SDK for Visual Studio .NET it automatically added a DirectX template to the Visual Studio configuration. They stopped doing that with the third (?) release or so.

Check out the above links on creating your own. It's better in the long run anyway. :)
..what we do will echo throughout eternity..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement