• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DX and Visual Studio 2005 newbie prob

This topic is 4452 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just recently came upon Visual Studio 2005 and am working on getting my way around VC++. My biggest issue is that I can't build any of my dx progs because it doesn't know where the folder is located--and I don't know how to let it know that. Can someone tell me where I should be going to include the SDK folder? I knew if I came here, I'd get my answer the quickest :p Any help ALWAYS appreciated! Thanks -stealthgate

Advertisement
Moved to For Beginners

I assume you mean that you want to set the include/lib folders so that the compiler will correctly and automagically find the various system files for you?

Tools Menu -> Options -> Projects and Solutions (expand on the LHS) -> VC++ Directories

The above will show you a configuration pane where (at the top right) you can select (from a drop-down) what type of folder you want to configure. For the most part, the include and library folders are the only ones of interest.

I'm using VC++ Pro, VC++ TS and VC++ EE and they're all the same - good luck [smile]

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!