Sign in to follow this  
Verg

Unity XP Visual Styles

Verg    450
VC++ 7.1 Win32 Here's the only article on GameDev.net that sounds like what I'm experiencing: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=152822 Yes... I'm using a manifest file... almost everything is showing up with the right XP themed look. Problem 1: XP Themed widgets have ugly grey background on themed dialog boxes... especially Static controls and Trackbar controls. Problem 2: Trackbar does not show the selection range. I've monkeyed around with transparent backgrounds... and all the WS_ and WS_EX_ style combinations I can think of in the resource editor. I've scoured Google for hours. Has anybody found a simple way to get the Static controls and Trackbars to display correctly? Thanks for any pointers or help. Chad

Verg    450
Nobody works with XP Visual Themes here? :)

How about a revised question:

Where might be the best place to ask about the problem? Either a BBS, or possibly a newsgroup?

Prototype    2014
I have been struggling with the same problems porting some Delphi5 applications. It gave me so many headaches I eventually gave up. Tabsheets, groupboxes and other controls are ill supported and were probably replaced with new components. It's a complete mess, and I'm waiting to upgrade Delphi so the new style comes natively.

Verg    450
Thanks d00ds,

The only info I've come across on the backgrounds is to use EnableThemeDialogTexture for child controls... but apparently that isn't perfect either. No idea on the trackbar selection range not showing up.

Guess I'll ditch them and play with skinning.

Thanks again.

Chad