Lynn's Legacy, an Oldskool RPG

Started by
8 comments, last by cha0s 18 years, 1 month ago
Please see the newer post if you'reinterested in Lynn's Legacy ;) [Edited by - cha0s on August 29, 2006 2:22:41 AM]
Advertisement
What's a p*p engine?

Assuming you mean a pixel*pixel scrolling engine, I personally don't see why this is so impressive. Not that I'm flaming you or anything, but people have been doing that since the late 90s, if not earlier, and it's really a very simple technique, and a lot of people use it for 2D games with maps (like RPGs, RTSs, etc.), so it's not really something to boast about. No offense or anything. [smile]

Unless you're using something other than a smooth-scrolling tile map (which is what I assume people mean when they say "pixel*pixel"), of course...

[Edited by - Oberon_Command on March 13, 2006 11:27:02 PM]
title edited.. i wasn't exactly asking anyone to bow to the fury of p*p scrolling techniques (although the engine is quite optimized, even at this stage).

I was just letting people know what type of engine the game uses, because lot of people like the oldskool Zelda feel.
I like it. Played for a few minutes at work and it is quite playable. Keep us updated. You have a website?
Ha ha, that is good fun. It seems like a very polished little game and was quite entertaining. One thing...what size is the resolution supposed to be? On my laptop at work the game plays on a tiny, tiny window. But still cool. Good luck and keep up the old schoolness.
On my Desktop the view port is the width of the screen but about a fifth of the height. Everything is squashed!
hey, thanks for checking it out guys (and possibly ladies) =)

the project website can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lynn

the game runs in a 320x200x8 bit resolution. the game uses one single 256 color palette, it is never changed. to make the game fullscreen (or come out of fullscreen), hit alt+enter.

about the display being squashed, your monitor will store settings for various resolutions, and theres a chance you may have never run a 320x200x8 bbit app before on that monitor. try using the viewport adjustment controls on your monitor to fill the screen with the picture. it should not alter your settings for your normal res(s), and it should also remember your settings for any app you'd run that would use the same res.

thanks everyone!

p.s. oldskoolness will never die;)
Nicely done, I feel so young again. [lol]
I've completed the demo, and have some opinions/suggestions and some bugs to feedback to you, but your sourceforge forum requires me to register and log in to post, so I'll just pass. Not really feel like to apply through all the tedious forms to fill and waiting for an activation e-mails and such, just sick and tired of forums with no public posting capability.
email me at rubentbstk[AT]gmail[DOT]com, thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement