warlords clone

Started by
9 comments, last by slowmike 18 years, 1 month ago
I am using openGL to program a four way warlords clone, I have the paddles done but they dont all show up on the screen at the same time, not sure where to go from here, please help
Advertisement
- Did you really create four of them?
- Are you painting them all within your render loop?
- Are their co-ordinates all on the screen?
Are you creating new translation matrices for each one? If not, you might be 'pushing' the last one off the screen.
I have the paddle showing up only when you use the keyboard to use them, they
only show up one at a time, it has something to do with the glutSwapBuffers() command
I'm not really understanding you. Could you say what you want to happen and what is happening? I believe that you have already said both of these, but I don't know which is which. Do you want them to show only on a keypress? Do you want to have them only show one at a time?
Did you say Warlords clone... the turn-based strategy game from back in the day? I don't remember any "paddles" in that game. Perhaps I'm confused because I just don't know what you mean by "four way".

!?!?
Quote:Original post by slowmike
Did you say Warlords clone... the turn-based strategy game from back in the day? I don't remember any "paddles" in that game. Perhaps I'm confused because I just don't know what you mean by "four way".

!?!?

it was a pong/breakout clone that you defended you corner of blocks from the ball while trying to knock out the other players blocks
-Matt S.
Warlords was a Atari game in which you have a sheild that you can move around your "castle" block to reflect and grab fireballs. There are 4 blocks, one in each corner. The paddle moves the sheild.
___________________________________________________Optimists see the glass as Half FullPessimists See the glass as Half EmptyEngineers See the glass as Twice as big as it needs to be
well I have posted my game on onewaycomputers.com it is in openGL and requires .net 1.1 framework and the glut32.dll file. I compiled it on visual studio .net 2003 .It consists of four paddles which dont all display at the same time which is my problem. The key mapping is as follows.
ESC-exits program, s-draw yellow right, a-draw yellow left, l-draw red right, k-draw red left, g-draw blue up, f-draw blue down, t-draw cyan up, r-draw cyan down, It is very crude but it is a start. I just want them all on the screen at the same time. If you need the source code I can email it to you, wish me luck.
Yes they also scroll off the screen.
Can you post some code that could possibly be the culprit? Just put it in [ source ] and [ /source ] tags and copy-and-paste it into the post. So far its just been speculation about it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement