Sign in to follow this  
Sema

[java] Board Game GUI using java

--I am thinking of a way to Construct a GUI for a 4X8 'mancala' board game. the preferably 3D 4 rows and 8 columns are holes. --Also the holes will be holding seeds preferably 3D seeds that will be dragged and dropped from and into the holes anticlockwise. --so the holes should be able to keep count of the seeds in them --It`s a 2 player game. Each player has 2x8 of the board and 32 seeds at start. -- originally each players 32 seeds will all be in a tray beside each of the players side of the board ie 2 trays. -- players will arrange the seeds in their side of the board in a way they wish (any number of seeds in @ hole) at start,by dragging them from the tray into their holes. pliz advise me accordingly on the best classes and methods to use. i am new at game programming.

You're new to game programming, and you plan to do a 3D game, already? Man, good luck... No matter how much experience you have with Java itself, J2EE != Game Programming, for sure ;)

Apart from the tutorials of GDNet itself, try taking a look at LWJGL and JME. I think that's the easiest and fastest way to accomplish a 3D game in Java.

hi!

as the above poster already stated i wouldn't aim for 3D in the first. if you are new first develop some _basic_ skills. learn components one by one if possible. so i suggest that you start you game in 2D. maybe design your concept so you can easily exchange the visual part later.

for now....i would start making a application or applet (whatever you prefer) and maybe override the paint method so you have full controll on how things should look like...so you have to take care of the tiles and their contain for yourself.

hope this helps