Linker Error Compiling FTGL

Started by
3 comments, last by NickGravelyn 18 years, 1 month ago
I'm trying to compile FTGL for my PC, but I'm getting this linker error:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'freetype204MT_D.lib'

I am using VC++ 2005 Express. I made sure to go Tools->Options and add the include directory and objs directory after building freetype 2.1.10 using its included VC++ project. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by NickGravelyn
I made sure to go Tools->Options and add the include directory and objs directory after building freetype 2.1.10 using its included VC++ project.

Did you mean 'libs' rather than 'objs'? If not, then that is your problem. You have to set the Libraries option to point to where the freetype library is. If that's not it, did you check to make sure that freetype204MT_D.lib actually exists? If so, then double-check your Tools/Options/Libraries is correct.
I checked. The objs folder is where the library gets built but I don't have freetype204MT_D.lib I have freetype2110MT_D.lib. I just have a newer version. Is there any way to tell ftgl I have this newer version?
It looks like the windows projects are messed up in the distribution. They reference the old libarary names.

Try going into the Project/Options/Linker and changing the references from freetype204MT_D.lib to freetype2110MT_D.lib.
Gave it a try and this is what it tells me:
1>------ Build started: Project: ftgl_dll, Configuration: Debug MT Win32 ------1>Linking...1>   Creating library .\../Build/ftgl_dynamic_MTD_d.lib and object .\../Build/ftgl_dynamic_MTD_d.exp1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library1>freetype2110MT_D.lib(ftinit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _otv_module_class1>../Build/ftgl_dynamic_MTD_d.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Nick Gravelyn\Desktop\FTGL\win32_vcpp\ftgl_dll\Debug_MT\BuildLog.htm"1>ftgl_dll - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement