• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
freenity

[web] buy a domain

This topic is 4479 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I wonder if its possible to buy a domain name so I don't have to pay for it each month or each year. Thanks

Advertisement
You can pay every 2, 5 or 10 years I think, ~$15 USD per year, paying once for it and never worry about for your whole life ain't happening, unless you pay 100 years in advance I guess... which would be ~$1500 so maybe it is doable [smile].

i just left my old webhosting and domain company... switched to 1&1 about 30 minutes ago... hope this is good ^_^

Somewhat offtopic, but who gets all the money from registering a domain? Obviously, the website that you registered from will get at least a portion of it, but who regulates all this stuff?

Sorry for being partially off-topic...

That depends on the domain. The most important one's (.com and .net) have been hijacked by ICANN/VeriSign, causing quite an uproar a while back (do a google search. Also www.theregister.co.uk has quite a few articles on it).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!