directx and vs 2003 .net

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 1 month ago
I remember when reading through my C++ book (which was for Visual C++ 6.0), it said that I need to add the directX SDK to VS by going to tools, options, then some directory stuff. In 2003, when I go to tools, options, there are no tabs, which means no directory. So my question is, do I have to put directX into VS to use it? If so, how? If not, how do I use it? I'm using the directX 9 feb. 2006 SDK.
Advertisement
I can't remember for sure but isn't there an option to create a DirectX application in the project creation wizard?
I think it asks you which DX systems you want to use and sets them all up for you (and it even gives you a bit of code if you ask for it).
nope, I don't see any dx application..

EDIT: nvm, I found the directory thing. Thanks for your help though!
Quote:Original post by tuita
I can't remember for sure but isn't there an option to create a DirectX application in the project creation wizard?
I think it asks you which DX systems you want to use and sets them all up for you (and it even gives you a bit of code if you ask for it).

I believe that was for VC++ 6. I remember that one DX update create an app wizard for 2003, can't remeber which one though.
"Castles made of sand, fall into the see, eventually" -Jimi Hendrix3D Buzz
AppWizards for DirectX have been gone for a VERY long time [smile]

They got superceded by the "Install Project" link you can find in the SampleBrowser. Finding the "EmptyProject" entry in the SampleBrowser is about as good a starting point as you'd ever get from an AppWizard...

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Hey, as far as VS and DX go all you need to do is install the SDK, it will add the needed include paths,libs, and dll's.
At that point you need only #include and DX is wired and good to go....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement