Visual Studio 2005 Conversion Issues

Started by
6 comments, last by Jesbass 18 years, 1 month ago
I just upgraded today from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2005. In order to run my projects that were made in VS2003, CS2005 insists on converting them. But then it can't find files that it located so easily before. This is mostly #include files - does anyone know if the syntax is different between 2003 and 2005? And also, how do I go about 'locating' these files which are still included in my engine, but my project simply refuses to find? :/
Advertisement
If you haven't already done so, download the Platform SDK, as the Express edition of VC++ doesn't come with any of the Win32 stuff.
Ah, of course. I completely forgot about the SDK. So the DirectX SDK of February 2006 would be the one I need to download, right? Do you expect this to solve my problem, or is there something else I can be doing while I wait for the hour-long download to finish?
If nothing else, check all the other includes and see if they're there. If they are, add them into the VC++ include directories (if they aren't already there). If they aren't, you may have some more downloading to do.
All the other includes? Do you mean every file I have used with a #include? Or are you referring to something else?
Yes, every include file and every library file, just to be on the safe side.

Hey, it's better than getting unexpected compiler errors... an expected compiler error is better than an unexpected one. It also will give you something to do while you wait for the download.
Thanks for your help, Oberon_Command. I'll see how I go. :)
Oh man. The include files are there, but there are a whole host of errors I never had before upgrading. There are a few links that still don't work, but the typical error goes as follows:

e:\gamedev\shared\2dgamelib\singleton.h(53) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
e:\gamedev\shared\2dgamelib\display.h(83) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CSingleton<T>' being compiled
with
[
T=CDisplay
]

There are approximately 90 of these. The code this is referring to is the first line:
class CDisplay : public CEntity, public CSingleton<CDisplay>{	friend CSingleton<CDisplay>;		// Member Variablespublic:protected:	Int32			m_iWidth,					m_iHeight;	bool			m_bIsWindowed;	CSTLRenderMap	m_mapRenderMap;	dd::Renderer	m_Renderer;private:	// Member Functionspublic:	virtual void Process();	virtual bool Initialize(const Int8*		pcIniFileName);	Int32 GetWidth() const	{		return m_iWidth;	}	Int32 GetHeight() const	{		return m_iHeight;	}	void GetWindowPos(Int32& _x,Int32& _y);	//void SetWindowPos(Int32 _x, Int32 _y);	bool IsWindowed() const	{		return m_bIsWindowed;	}	dd::Renderer&	GetRenderer()	{		return m_Renderer;	}	void OnResetDevice();	bool AddRenderEntity(CRenderEntity*		_pRenderEntity);	bool RemoveRenderEntity(CRenderEntity*	_pRenderEntity);	void Draw();protected:	CDisplay();	virtual ~CDisplay();private:};#endif	// __DISPLAY_H__

This is so frustrating. All I want to do is keep programming, but I'm getting a heap of errors and warnings. :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement