Sign in to follow this  
axon

Not able to reference Microsoft.DirectX.dll v2.0.0.0 in VS2003 (VC# 2003)

axon    100
I've been forced back to VS2003 (from VS2005) because VS2005 doesn't support shader debugging. Consequently, I've had to port my code back to Microsoft.DirectX.dll v1.0.29 (Dec05 DXSDK) because the v2.0.0.0 dll (Feb06 DXSDK) isn't avaiable in the list of referencable dlls in VS2003. Q: Does anyone know how to get Microsoft.DirectX.dll v2.0.0.0 to appear in the list of reference dlls in Visual C# 2003? If I try to reference the dll by browsing to it it complains that you can't reference something with an extension other than "dll" (it must think the file has the extension "directx.dll".

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by axon
I've been forced back to VS2003 (from VS2005) because VS2005 doesn't support shader debugging.

Consequently, I've had to port my code back to Microsoft.DirectX.dll v1.0.29 (Dec05 DXSDK) because the v2.0.0.0 dll (Feb06 DXSDK) isn't avaiable in the list of referencable dlls in VS2003.

Q: Does anyone know how to get Microsoft.DirectX.dll v2.0.0.0 to appear in the list of reference dlls in Visual C# 2003?

If I try to reference the dll by browsing to it it complains that you can't reference something with an extension other than "dll" (it must think the file has the extension "directx.dll".

The 2.0.0.0 assembly is for the beta version of MDX supporting CLR2 which is only available within VS 2005.

Armadon    1091
As the previous poster mentioned... It's the fact that alot of the new features such as generics are used in MDX2.0 and not available to you in VS.NET2003

I hope this helps.
Take care.