GLSL

Started by
7 comments, last by CRACK123 18 years, 1 month ago
Hello every body and thanks for cheking this out. I want to learn how to programming with GLSL but i cant find it anywhere. (*Is there any body out there) who can tell me where can i find it? *Pink Floyd Thanks!!!
Advertisement
Try http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/glsl/
Quote:Original post by D_a_M_a_G_e_D
(*Is there any body out there) ...

*Pink Floyd

I think that should be "Is there any body in there" [smile]

Also this link might help you. But, even after you have read those, you might want to carefully check out the spec (OpenGL 2.0 spec if you have the drivers or the ARB_shader_objects spec).

And if you are talking about learning GLSL (the shader language) itself, get the GLSL features whitepaper from here, and also check out the GLSL spec.
And if you don't mind buying a book, I recommend OpenGL Shading Language (the Orange Book).
You will find GLEW GLEW quite handy. You will need the latest version from their site to be able to use OpenGL 2.0 functions with the NVidia SDK and some other OpenGL implementations.
Free Mac Mini (I know, I'm a tool)
Quote:Original post by deavik
(*Is there any body out there) ...

*Pink Floyd

I think that should be "Is there any body in there" [smile]

Nope, you are both right, "Is there anybody out there?" is a track on the Wall album, "Is there anybody in there?" is a line from comfortably numb :)
Member of the NeHe team.
Hello... Hello... Hello.... Is there anybody in there?
Pink floyd again and again! and again
cause i am, what i am, what i am, what i am!!!
yeah!!!

And where can i find the GLSL setup?

Thank you!!!
Thank you!!!
Thank you!!!
Thank You!!!
Thank You!!!
And where can i find the GLSL setup?

??? GLSL setup? Everything you have to do get a GLSL program running you can find in the tutorial links and other sources suggested in this thread. If you are talking about hardware, the first thing would be to get the latest driver for you video card. Talking about which you won't be able to run GLSL properly on a very old card (like my GF4MX [grin]) ...
It doesn't run properly on my darn ATI X200 card properly either. It seems to claim support for GLSL. And HLSL and Directx - everything runs very well. Darn ATI
The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement