Sign in to follow this  
Sema

Board Game GUI using java

--I am thinking of a way to Construct a GUI for a 4X8 'mancala' board game. the preferably 3D 4 rows and 8 columns are holes. --Also the holes will be holding seeds preferably 3D seeds that will be dragged and dropped from and into the holes anticlockwise. --so the holes should be able to keep count of the seeds in them --It`s a 2 player game. Each player has 2x8 of the board and 32 seeds at start. -- originally each players 32 seeds will all be in a tray beside each of the players side of the board ie 2 trays. -- players will arrange the seeds in their side of the board in a way they wish (any number of seeds in @ hole) at start,by dragging them from the tray into their holes. pliz advise me accordingly on the best classes and methods to use. i am new at game programming.

First of all, java doesn't work well with 3D. If you don't need a 3D gameplay for java, I don't think you need 3D graphics. I would create classes for seeds, holes, boards, players, the accual game, and anything else you can think of. Many times when I am in the middle of some programming project and my code is very very messy because I didn't organise my code into enough classes. As for built in classes you would want to use, I don't know what you already know, you are going to need the basic graphics classes, like Graphics, Image, Applet, ect..