My Sprite is gone when i render the Skybox

Started by
6 comments, last by Rozik 18 years, 1 month ago
Sorry Guys i feel so dumb today:) I finally got the Sprite to render the right way. Now i wanted to put it into my scene but its gone now. all i do is render the skybox and then the sprite. do i have to lock the z-buffer or something? when i do it without the skybox it works just fine
Advertisement
Turn off ZWrite when rendering the skybox, or clear the Z-buffer after rendering the skybox.
----------------------------------------MagosX.com
Sprite? You should be using 7Up.
i am doing this before i render the box

m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, D3DZB_FALSE);

and this after

m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, D3DZB_TRUE);

i can see other objects when i insert them just not the PointSprite
Quote:Original post by Rozik
i am doing this before i render the box

m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, D3DZB_FALSE);

and this after

m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, D3DZB_TRUE);

i can see other objects when i insert them just not the PointSprite

Try with:

m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZWRITEENABLE, FALSE);
-----DevZing Blog (in Spanish)
i tried that but that didnt help

it might be a diffrent problem though as i just found out something else.

when i put something other than 0 to the x or z position of the sprite it starts moving around which it really shouldnt

here is my code if anyone wants to take a look at it:

struct PARTICLECUSTOMVERTEX{	float x, y, z;	DWORD Diffuse;};#define D3DFVF_PARTICLEVERTEX (D3DFVF_XYZ | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE)

class FBSParticleSystem{private:protected:public:	FBSParticle *m_Particles;	DWORD m_NumParticles;	LPDIRECT3DVERTEXBUFFER9 m_pVB;	LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 m_Texture;	FBSParticleSystem(LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 Device, DWORD NumParticles)	{		m_NumParticles = NumParticles;		m_Particles = new FBSParticle[m_NumParticles];		m_pVB = NULL;		m_Texture = NULL;		Device->CreateVertexBuffer(m_NumParticles*sizeof(PARTICLECUSTOMVERTEX), 0, D3DFVF_PARTICLEVERTEX, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &m_pVB, NULL);		if(FAILED(D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(Device, "Sprite.bmp", &m_Texture))){			MessageBox(NULL, "Could not find 2.bmp", "Particle", MB_OK);		}	}	~FBSParticleSystem()	{		if(m_pVB)			m_pVB->Release();		if(m_Texture)			m_Texture->Release();		if(m_Particles)			delete [] m_Particles;	}	VOID Update(LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 g_pd3dDevice)	{				PARTICLECUSTOMVERTEX *vertices = new PARTICLECUSTOMVERTEX[m_NumParticles];		for(DWORD Counter = 0; Counter < m_NumParticles; Counter++)		{			vertices[Counter].x = 5;			vertices[Counter].y = 5;			vertices[Counter].z = 0;				}		PARTICLECUSTOMVERTEX* pVertices = NULL;		m_pVB->Lock( 0, sizeof(PARTICLECUSTOMVERTEX) * m_NumParticles, (void**)&pVertices, D3DLOCK_DISCARD);		memcpy( pVertices, vertices, sizeof(PARTICLECUSTOMVERTEX)*m_NumParticles );		m_pVB->Unlock();		FLOAT MinSize, Scale1, Scale2, Scale3, Size;				Size = 15.0f;		MinSize = 0.0f; 		Scale1 = 0.0f;		Scale2 = 0.0f;		Scale3 = 1.0f;		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_LIGHTING, false );		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE,TRUE);		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_DESTBLEND,D3DBLEND_ONE);		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_POINTSPRITEENABLE, true);			g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_POINTSCALEENABLE, true);		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_POINTSIZE,    *((DWORD*)&Size ));		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_POINTSIZE_MIN, *((DWORD*)&MinSize));				g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_POINTSCALE_A,  *((DWORD*)&Scale1));		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_POINTSCALE_B,  *((DWORD*)&Scale2));		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_POINTSCALE_C,  *((DWORD*)&Scale3));				g_pd3dDevice->SetStreamSource( 0, m_pVB, 0, sizeof(PARTICLECUSTOMVERTEX) );		g_pd3dDevice->SetFVF( D3DFVF_PARTICLEVERTEX );		g_pd3dDevice->SetTexture(0, m_Texture);		g_pd3dDevice->DrawPrimitive( D3DPT_POINTLIST, 0, m_NumParticles );			g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_POINTSCALEENABLE,  FALSE );		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_POINTSPRITEENABLE, FALSE );		g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE,false);		}};

could it be something about the way i fill the Vertex-Buffer?
Try:
Device->SetRenderState(D3DRS_CULLMODE, D3DCULL_NONE);

tried it but doesnt help:)

i really think its a general problem with the rendering of the sprite

it really shouldnt move when i set the position to a constant spot:)

i just cant figure out the error:(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement