Sign in to follow this  
-Egon-

[SDL] SDL exception MSVC [SOLVED]

-Egon-    122
Hello all, I've migrated to SDL some time ago, and all has been fine. But now I'm debuging my app, and I have discovered an exception: Primera excepción en 0x7c928fea en SDL Framework.exe: 0xC0000005: Infracción de acceso al escribir en la ubicación 0x00000010. First exception in 0x7c928fea in SDL Framework.exe: 0xC0000005: Infraction of access when writing in the location 0x00000010. The app runs fine without any error, but this error puzzles me :( This errors comes in the result window in run time. I've tried an empty SDL new project, only a main() with return and I got the very same error. Anyone knows why? Thanks in advance. [Edited by - -Egon- on March 16, 2006 9:37:04 AM]

Drew_Benton    1861
Chances are you have a clash of DLL's on your system with the current Library you are using. You will need to go though and make sure that you remove any SDL.dll files from your system32 folder or current project folder. Then you will need to make sure to remove any SDL.lib or SDLmain.lib files you may have lying about. You will then need to redownload SDL and use those .DLLs and .libs instead.

What I think is happening is you are linking against one version of SDL, but you have another SDL dll in your system that it is trying to use. Removing all SDL stuff then using the most recent version should be able to fix that for you. Good luck!

-Egon-    122
I did what you've said before posting :( I deleted all SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib, SDL.dll too, and redownloaded SDL 1.2.9 from sdlib.org. It came unbuilded, so I builded from the unmodified source in release mode, so I got a brand new SDL.dll, SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib. Nothing. I even programmed a new SDLmain much simpler. Nothing. Tried with a simple WinMain. Nothing. The test app (a simple main and return) works fine, but in the result window inside MVSC it's allways the same exception :(

Any other idea?

EDIT: some typos...

-Egon-    122
I've found the lib and dll on the SDL page, downloaded it and tested it from a clean project. Nothing, the same exception is still there.

basement    229
Does the exception occur after your program loaded all the other dlls? When does it occur?

What version of Windows are you using? And are you using any Windows enhancements tools like WindowBlinds? I found that my SDL programs would throw exceptions all over the place when there's WindowBlinds running.

-Egon-    122
That's the exact order of dll loading:

SDL Framework.exe (the app)
ntdll.dll
kernel32.dll
msvcr71d.dll
SDL.dll
winmm.dll
user32.dll
gdi32.dll
advapi32.dll
rpcrt4.dll
msvcr71.dll
wbsys.dll
---->NOW TE EXCEPTION<------
wbsys.dll (AGAIN)
ddraw.dll
msvcrt.dll
dciman32.dll
---->Program exit<------

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2, and yes, I was using WindowBlinds, but once unloaded the exception's still there.

Mmm... Now that I read de dll's... wbsys.dll is windowblinds' dll, isn't it? Maybe I have to completely uninstall it.

-Egon-    122
I did, and it worked! The wbsys.dll loading's gone, and gone is the exception. It was WindowBlinds. Thanks everyone :)

nullsquared    126
Quote:
Original post by -Egon-
I did, and it worked! The wbsys.dll loading's gone, and gone is the exception. It was WindowBlinds. Thanks everyone :)

As an alternative to WindowsBlinds, if you are on windows xp, theres always the native skinning engine xp has...

-Egon-    122
I like transparencies on skins, and msstyles can't do that. And besides that, the exceptions doesn't make crash my apps, it's only a kind of anoyance.