Change a game

Started by
7 comments, last by Emmanuel Deloget 18 years, 1 month ago
Iam playing fim speedway grand prix and want to change the driving stiles and feeling. I have heard some say you can do that with the program hexeditor is that true ? Can someone please give some tip how to do. with wich program and so on Thankz
Advertisement
Unless the game is moddable (I don't know the game, so I can't tell) then you'll have very hard time to change anything - especially, in your case, the input of the physic egine.

I'm not sure if we can help, but anyway, good luck :)

Regards,
Okey but it is hexeditor that I should use ?
or some other program ?
Thank you for answering
use RPG Maker 2000

Yes, you want either a hex editor or a disassembly program.

here is a screenshot of what the hex editor looks like:
http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvimain.htm

here is a screenshot of what a disassembler looks like:
http://www.datarescue.com/idabase/pix/idalarge.gif

if you instantly understand what's on those screens then it's possible that you can do what you want. If not, then you have no hope in the near future of doing what you want.

basically, what you want to do is one of the hardest things you could conceivably do on a computer and requires decades of schooling and training.

-me
Okey thanks for the answers
I just wanted to know if it was possible really
I am in the begining of learning C++
I'm gonna move this to For Beginners.
Quote:I have heard some say you can do that with the program hexeditor

Who said that? Someone who's done it? Some post on some message board? Someone who "knows alot" about computers?

To the community who responded: perhaps this game has data files with definitions of driving styles (turn radius, friction co-efficent of tires, car mass, etc.) that can be edited. probably specific to this game.
Quote:Original post by Funkymunky
Quote:I have heard some say you can do that with the program hexeditor

Who said that? Someone who's done it? Some post on some message board? Someone who "knows alot" about computers?

To the community who responded: perhaps this game has data files with definitions of driving styles (turn radius, friction co-efficent of tires, car mass, etc.) that can be edited. probably specific to this game.

If the file format is unknown, it will be less than possible to get the data and modify them. You may find the textures or the models this way, but physic data are just a bunch of values with no meaningfull layout.

Anyway, the file format may be described on wotsit - I don't know.

Regards,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement