Critique my site... both of them

Started by
6 comments, last by Enselic 18 years, 1 month ago
First, here is the site I have been using: www.codeXtreme.co.nr And here is the site I started today, possibly to replace the other one: codeXtreme number 2 So, which one do you think is better and has more potential?
codeXtremeif(you->intelligence < radish->intelligence) you->STFU();
Advertisement
I really like the first one. The second one is not bad, but it is not as easy to read (due to the lower contrast) and feels a bit more cluttered.
To be honest, I like the older design better, it feels less crowded (and I have always disliked gray websites [smile]).

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Well, I think both are okay.

The first one looks a little bit more professional, but that's not because of the color scheme or something, it just feels a little bit more "developed".

But on the other hand, I think if the second one would be made a little bit better, I would prefer that one. At the moment, I don't like that it's got low contrast, perhaps the titles in the "window boxes" could be written in white. And it's all pretty "stacked together", perhaps it would look better if there was a little bit more "air" to that page. It's not very "clear" where to find everything...

So, I like the blue design better, but I like the "clearness" of the black one better... mix that up a little ;)
first

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

I like the first a lot better, but you could add some of the flash of the second, just keep the colors of the first.

And send me your web button at GDNET Web Buttons [smile]
Thanks for the great feedback guys. I like the first one better too, but it seemed unprofessional and inapropriate to use for my portfolio and to show to potential employers. I was trying to make something a little more professional (IE mainstream). Rep++ for all of you :)

Boder, Ill definately get a button made for you soon
codeXtremeif(you->intelligence < radish->intelligence) you->STFU();
I think the first one looks far, far more professional.

Second version:
My main criticism of the second design is
  • Isolated 'subwindows'. It doesn't feel like the small parts of the site really has something do do with each other at all. I would try to melt them together (in a graphics design context).

• Explicit lines. You have like 30 1 px wide black border all over the place. Those lines also add to the ilsolated blocks feeling. Lines in graphics design should be brung out by the absence and careful positioning of the "real" content, rather than an actual drawn line.

First version:
The first site looks more thoroughly designed, not built up by small content blocks. There really is only one thing that bothers me, and that is the height of the logo on top of each page. It quickly becomes tedious to scroll down all the time to see the content.

So to sum up, improve the first version rather than build another another from scratch.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement