First GL/Major programming Project

Started by
2 comments, last by JamesKilton 18 years, 1 month ago
Well, a little background, my senior project teacher told me, we need a program to handle and manage the ticket sales for our various musicals and plays. Sounded easy enough.. What sounded easy at first, (this was our first big project btw), ended up being nearly 5000 lines of code! Here it is, Ticket Seller v1.0 http://www.geocities.com/joncprogrammer/Ticket_Seller_v1.zip It uses OpenGL as a rendering API and win32 for the windowing, so I don't want to hear you linux and mac users complaining :). So, be kind, judge please, but remember this is my first major project. I didn't really think this was monumental enough to post in the pic of the day, or I would :). This project demonstrates the use of basic texture mapping in OpenGL, as well as very simple quad rendering :D. It demonstrates fluent knowledge of C++ syntax, for lack of any design pattern at all :). Demonstrates the usage of basic ASII file I/O to keep configuration settings (I don't reccomend changing them). As well as save files, maybe one day I'll come back to this project and redo it with a real GUI system. Oh, I almost forgot, we implemented masking and sound as well, as well as some simple blending. And some pretty lines :). We used bitmap fonts. Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------Rating me down will only make me stronger.----------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement
OK... Your program works but why do you use opengl for such an application? Why not something like this:

1. Everybody is familiar with such a gui.
2. It more beautiful than your verison using ogl(sorry, just my option).
3. You do not need thousands of lines of code to create the gui.
I cannot agree more with the fact that it would have looked better in <any> other form.

But the fact of the matter is we wanted to challenge ourselves.
----------------------------------------------------------Rating me down will only make me stronger.----------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
It demonstrates fluent knowledge of C++ syntax, for lack of any design pattern at all :).

If you're going to say this, then at least give us the code! Text rendering isn't very good, one of the buttons is in front of it's associated text, lots of flickering.

You really should have picked a project that would actually work in Ogl if you wanted to challenge yourself, it would have been a ton more practical.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement